Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Countdown



Less than an hour to go before I am away to my pre-interview. I must dazzle and impress and right this minute all I want to do is toss my cookies.

Nerves, you see.

I fear I'll show up at Cindy's office all ashen, with bloodshot eyes and a shaky constitution. I will leave a thin film of nervous sweat on her palm when I attempt to shake her hand with some semblance of confidence and she will spend the rest of our time together finding ways to wipe it off without seeming to be obvious. She will know within the first five minutes that I do not possess the ability to act in any sort of managerial capacity and when I leave, she will make a short notation on the upper right corner of my resume. "NSM" or some sort of brief code that tells the other recruiters in the office to keep on moving as they approach my file in future.

My body is poised to betray me yet again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I've been freaking out on your behalf. How did it go?

blau

5:56 AM  
Blogger M. said...

First off, it wasn't just a quick tete-a-tete, it was a full-blown interview/testing scenario. So I had to shuttle my ass to and from the office to feed the damn meter! Grrrr. Secondly, my body must have intuitively known about the testing portion and that's why I was such a mess. Even though I *kicked ass* at all levels.

So, I survived. And I'm going to get back to her about this one potentially cool job in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for caring dude!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home