Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Not so much success

"College is something you complete. Life is something you experience. So don’t worry about your grade, or the results or success. Success is defined in myriad ways, and you will find it, and people will no longer be grading you, but it will come from your own internal sense of decency.."
-the lovely Jon Stewart

I'm feeling very much like I'd love to go back to college and bury my head in the sand right now. In college I got good grades without much effort, worked three jobs and spent the rest of my time glued to the hips of my friends. I ate bad food and took impromptu road trips to Cleveland. I was still relatively fearless and took very little guff from anyone.

Today, I don't recognize the person typing this wee missive. I don't much like her either. She is fearful of the ramifications of everything and is therefore too much of a chicken to try much that is new. She takes piles of shite from everyone, even strangers.

She fails left, right and center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home