Friday, September 09, 2005




Yay: It's Friday!
Nay: As I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend, it's sort of anticlimactic.

Yay: The last hour of work today is actually a Wine and Cheese introduction to the new instructors.
Nay: I have to keep to one glass of wine so I don't a) drive drunk and b) embarrass myself in front of the Dean.

Yay: I have actual money in my wallet.
Nay: I don't have the time to spend it in Toronto on beads and the Merrells I ordered have to be sent to me from Al-freakin'-berta!

Yay: The Boy is on the afternoon shift so I can eat popcorn for dinner if I want.
Nay: The Boy is on the afternoon shift so we are like ships in the night.

Yay: I grew a pair and have agreed to go to an informal high school reunion.
Nay: That pair shrivelled up and now I must still go to my informal high school reunion.

Yay: I'm sitting here at work with my pretty bare feet tucked under me.
Nay: As much as I love fall, I don't relish the return to socks.

Yay: Someone approached me about making them some jewellery!
Nay: I have to unveil it tonight and endure the uncomfortable discussion about money.

Yay: Two hours until wine and cheese!
Nay: I'm still taking drugs to rid me of a nagging headache.

Yay: I have a (temp) job!
Nay: I cannot believe what inconsiderate prigs some people around here are. I suppose you encounter that at any workplace, but I swear they beat a sense of Greater Importance into the budding teachers here.

Yay: Streaming radio!
Nay: Avril Lavigne on every freakin' playlist.

Yay: 3WAction
Nay: Certain volatile sections of 3WAction. Now, where'd I put my 10-foot pole?

Have a lovely weekend - stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home