Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Auntie? Pick up!




"Where were you?"
"Far from the phone."
"But where?"
"In your uncle's wingchair, pushed all the way back."
"It took you way too long to get to the phone."
"Can we start this conversation now please?"
"Okay, but man, you're slow. Do you know that?"
"Hanging up now."
"Are you sick or stiff or something? It shouldn't take that long to cross a room."
"So, thanks for calling!"
"No, wait! What are you doing?"
"I think we've been over this."
"Okay, what are the dogs doing?"
"Watching me eat and praying for crumbs."
"What's uncle doing?"
"Working."
"He works a lot. Are you poor? Do you need money, because you can have what's in my piggy bank if you want. Not my bank account, though."
"Thanks, babe. We'll manage."
"So, I want to come over. On Saturday. I'll have Mom call and tell you what time to come and get me. Do you have Kraft Dinner or should I bring my own? And don't forget to fix up my bed."
"..."
"Okay? I'm coming over Saturday, okay?"
"Okay, then. Call me as soon as you have a time for me to come and collect you."
"'Kay. Should I say an earlier time than I want, in case you take longer than I think to drive over here? Because, you know how slow you are."
"Good NIGHT."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home