Monday, July 18, 2005

Hot and Cold



My neck of the woods has been insanely hot lately. Like, jungle hot. Humidity and all. But without the boa constrictors.

I've been trying to garden since that is my latest love, but it's downright unhealthy to be out in the yard slugging away at weeds or digging up new beds in this weather.

(Three weeks ago I almost did myself a mischief by racing to get all my perennials in the day before I had an embryo transfer. I wanted to be able to just sit and let that little eight-celled child do my bidding, attaching itself to me like any normal embryo would have the sense to do. But nooooooooo, we have to start with the shots and the blood tests and that nonsense all over again. Blast.)

It would seem we've beaten some sort of record around here by enduring the longest stretch of 30C+ days in a row since people began keeping records of weather. Dayum. Thank heavens for a/c is all I can say; I'm not going to love the utility bill but at least the doggies and I are comfortable. The Boy really isn't affected too much by extreme heat, which I can't help but think is odd. You should see him in the bitter cold, though; all curled up under the comforter, nursing his bum shoulder and finger.

I've yet to decide which is more difficult: keeping the house a nice level of cool in the summer or suitably warm in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home