Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Walk this way



This morning I began Round Umpteen of Getting Fit with Meg. I struck out before the rising sun with Michaela in my pocket set to my Workout! playlist and my hair pulled back in a bouncy ponytail.

I interval walked for 35 minutes before the call of nature found me taking advantage of the nearest Timmy's washroom. I figured while I was there I would pick up a Large with Milk, Half Decaf. No baked goods, thanks. See how good I was? Didja see? I want Brownie Points man!

Then it was a quick saunter home to feed the dogs and make tea for The Boy. I was feeling very disciplined as Day One progressed (see what a doofus I am?), that is until 3:00 p.m. rolled around. My back and stomach and leg muscles had begun to contract and twitch and I had begun to worry that tomorrow would find me crippled with pain and bed-ridden. Since I have Kate duty tomorrow evening (we're having a slumber party while my sister endures yet another sleep clinic), I simply cannot be incapacitated.

So I did what any halfways intelligent girl would do: I called upon the collective wisdom of the ladies at my favorite UBB. They advised a quick Pilates workout to smooth the kinks and ease my transition into fitness. I will of course comply and hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home