Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Non-Special Day to Me


Today is my birthday.

Thirty-eight years ago at 7:28 p.m. I pushed my way into this world with a full head of hair and a set of lungs that would make anyone jealous. Thank all the pestilent gods I am still the proud owner of both.

This year my present to myself is not doing a personal inventory. My life is almost completely circling the drain right now and it would only serve to depress the hell out of me. Instead, I am going to keep taking my aqua aerobics classes working with my free weights. I will also start Cycle Six of my infertility drugs very soon and with any luck my local temp agency will place me in a job where I can dress as I please and wear my iPod all the live-long day.

On Saturday, my immediate family will gather at my parent's house in the country to celebrate the wonderfulness that is Me. We will chat in the livingroom, play some cards in the kitchen and break some organic, seven-grain bread in the diningroom. And oh, what a menu I have planned!

A couple cans of Guinness will grace my place at the table, the entree is Steak Oscar so that I may enjoy one last generous slab of brie before possibly becoming pregnant. Coriander, Lime and Saffron basmati rice and a salad comprised of mesclun mix, dried cranberries, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette will accompany the meat/cheese/crabfest. Dessert -- a choice of Mochaccino cake or a Mango Charlotte and the remainder of my Sbux Christmas Blend coffee. Mmm-mm-mm-mm-MMM!

The Boy got me Donna Hay's Off the Shelf: Cooking from the Pantry about two hours ago and I'm already one quarter of the way into it. I love the photography and simplicity of the recipes, plus the fact many of them use mint and lime.

A very good friend made sure I woke up to a gift this morning and boy howdy was I thrilled to find an Amazon gift certificate in my Inbox. It certainly didn't linger long there, either; it was used toward the purchase of Angel Season Five within minutes! Thanks, dude. You're a gem.

The one present I would have loved I cannot have: Jared home safe and sound. Next March keep your fingers crossed that I can say I got everything I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home