Thursday, January 27, 2005

Bursting at the seams


The Boy, having taken an entire day off work in order to go to a one hour job interview, decided to take me out to lunch.

So yay! I don't leave the house much lately because I'm working on achieving my Hermit patch from the local Scout troop. Poverty and unemployment make it easy to sit firmly rooted in my chair in front of this computer, so I might be cheating but I'm not telling anyone and don't you either.

On the way to Jack Astor's, I conveniently parked in the lot of the B@st B@y next door. When I got the questioning eyebrow action aimed at me, I innocently suggested we see if they had the fourth season of C.S.I. on dvd. He agreed and we went in search of what has been a terribly elusive item in this town for a couple of weeks now. We wound up having the nice lady go back to the truck in the loading bay so we could get our fix of Griss, Nicky, Greggo and the whole team.

Then it was on to the eatin', where I pounded back a hamburger the size of my HEED and half a personal apple pie. Except it wasn't personal, it was a group pie. You could have called it a tub o' pie or a Mighty Bowl of Pastry and Apples but whatever you wind up calling it, just make sure there are at least two of you at the table if you order it. I'm uncomfortably full.

I need tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home