Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Love to love ya, baby


Coleen has invited me to participate in Februarium this year and I have gratefully accepted. It will give me something to do while I wait for the job interview phone calls to come rolling in.

I don't think it's outside the rules of play to start these entries early, so I'll probably flesh out a few this afternoon after I get back from the market. They tell me it's a lot harder to write about love than I think, but I immediately pooh-pooh that statement. I'm a Pisces, Ruler of All Things Romantic and Idealized, so I anticipate that I will smoke the other participants. [/sarcasm]

This afternoon I will be making a metric tonne of meat sauce, most of which I will freeze in little zipl@c bags for later use when I'm in a pinch. I tried this same experiment about 8 years ago when I was first in the house, but as I have a predominance of my uncle's genes I'm a stickler for making a fresh new creative delicious meal each and every day. Well, each and every other day. So I kept forgetting about the little bags of goodness that were just waiting to fulfil their culinary destiny on our table. And they burned, man. Freezer burn extraordinaire.

So I've altered my plan a tiny bit, opting instead to keep the upstairs freezer for such things. That way I can head there in desperation when I cannot come up with a suitable recipe for the next day and get some inspiration. Also, I expend the energy to make sauce but am able to reap the rewards time and time again? Score!

Tonight we will be having a lovely meatsauce with penne, mesclun mix with homemade honey dijon dressing and garlic bread. Not bad for one of those pre-spring days when the temperature deigns to rise above the freezing point but just barely. Because that's when you get to enjoy the slushy remnants of snow and a dampness that causes my knees to swell and yell and send me running to the medicine cabinet for anti-inflammatories by the fistful. Fab-oo.

Apparently you also get Smog Days, which honestly blows my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home