Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Taking the plunge


Tomorrow I begin training for a very interesting-sounding temp gig.

The money isn't fabulous, but then consider what I've been making since last November. It's enough to cover next month's bills, so I'm grateful. And the temp agency woman is a laugh and a half which is also a nice change. When she read on my resume that I had a pet treat bakery she just about went mental. She took cards and made me promise to send her sample bags that she could spread around the Toronto area! The most exciting news yet: she had a breakfast meeting with another local agency this morning at which time she handed over my resume with a shining verbal recommendation. So basically I'm 50% excited about starting a new adventure and 49% anxious about starting a new adventure. The remaining 1% is busy wondering what's for dinner.

The best part about this job is the fact that I'm always going to be someplace new, which kicks the snot out of my ability to chat, but it's only for three weeks and I'm certain the wonderful people at 3WAction.com can live without my constant inane prattle. I wish I could tell you all about the job but I've signed a confidentiality contract that says the most I can say is that I'm a Research Assistant in the Health Care Field. So, there you go.

Anyway, I'm going to be busy and therefore out of trouble for a bit. Thanks to everyone out there who sent me employment vibes; I'm recycling them for anyone who needs 'em.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Woo! I hope it's fun and a door to more (or extended) opportunities.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay employment! Boo no chat! I miss ya!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home