Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I'm NOT your Mother, your minister or your personal banker, dude


I'm back at the college, as you know.

We're Mass Releasing loans for the entire month of September. Which basically means I'm seeing around 60 students a day until October, dealing with ID and loan amounts and outstanding tuition and signature pages and missed appointments and the like. It's a zoo, which isn't the awful part. What really toasts my marshmallows is when certain kids don't prepare to come to school, don't live up to their expected student contribution portion of the loan contract and don't care to research the ramifications of taking loans for thousands of dollars. They miss their appointments for release and beg to be fit in, sometimes weeping openly in the hall. Alternately, they become violent, scaring the office staff and involving security in our day. I used to take pity on these poor kids, but now I find they only raise the hackles on the back of my neck. I'm not sure what hackles are, but they're up baby!

Thus endeth the rant. The moral of the story: be a freakin' Boy Scout and always, always be prepared, goddamnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home