Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I can't get a ministry session to open on my computer. So, it's 8:53 on a Tuesday morning and I am allowed to leave my CLOSED sign up until my login decides to pop up. Students sit in their chairs not ten feet away from me and glower at my incredible luck. I have already checked my email, scanned the 3WA Active Topics Page and applied my cuticle conditioner. I should really pay my MusterCurd by phone, but that might be considered actually taunting the kids. Not that this concept bothers me at the moment.

Early October is always a bad time in the office. We've just spent five weeks releasing huge amounts of student loans to (for the most part) immature, rude, grumpy kids who want their money so they can spend the lion's share of it on rent for the pricey condos some profiteer built across the road, and on beer. Lest you think I am old and bitter and mislead, I have actually had boys turn on the charm to try to convince me not to take a portion of their loans to pay tuition for those exact reasons. The remainder of my opinion was formed by the conversations I've overheard in the washrooms and walking to and from the parking lot. I know the deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home