Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Sadly, I feel that icky, sticky feeling you get when the dreaded Pink Eye is imminent. The good part is that this afternoon I have my first eye doctor appointment in two years. The best part is that I get to pick out new frames! (Obviously, it doesn't take much to make me happy).

I forgot to mention that last Saturday I went with my Mom, sister and niece to the country fair near my hometown. Kate and I were on the merry-go-round when I saw Mom talking to Karen, a woman I went to public school with. After I got off and shook the spins out of my head, we had a proper natter. Turns out, she works at the college too! She's going off on maternity leave very soon and suggested I take her job for the next 10 months. Brutal serendipity, huh?

(later in the day)
I just found out that her Manager is a kick-ass dude. I've sent my resume off in a proactive way before the job has even been posted. I doubt HR will let this happen in any sort of back-door manner, but I want my name in his mind when it comes time to schedule interviews. My Manager has also said she'd put in a good word for me over the next day or two.

Now, it's off to shop for frames!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home