Sunday, September 21, 2003

What a beautiful day. I'm so in love with this time of year, it isn't funny. Fall consists of warm days and cool nights, but you can still feel summer's heat baked into the ground under your feet. I plod around in shorts and a sweatshirt with bare feet. Everything gets back to feeling a little bit more brisk and efficient than the summer months when everyone is caught up in a 'hang ten', vacation, cottage/trailer/beach mode.

I've got 21 days to get the computer room ripped apart, painted and put back together in some sort of organized manner. On the twenty-second day, I host Thanksgiving for a dozen people. I've learned a few things about the way my mind works over the past 36 years, and one of them is I don't work well unless I have a solid deadline in place. By forcing myself to look at the dresser in the tea room and the mattresses leaning against the wall behind the dog's bed in the livingroom, I annoy myself sufficiently to get about the task of ripping out the nasty, 70's paneling and sorting out the myriad papers and receipts and printer driver disks and three year old wedding invitations that have come to rest in this vastly unused room. Annoying me is a good way to get things done. Just don't make a habit of it, okay?

I'm also going to make a short visit to my SIL, Bev. Loaded to the gills with my homemade Zuppa Toscana and still-warm cheddar-chive tea biscuits, I will seek to make her and her strep throat feel a wee bit better. My trip will also provide the added bonus of allowing her to rest this afternoon and not worry about making dinner. Yay me.

So, lots to do today. Maybe I'll reward myself and pop into Mal*Wart for the new John Mayer cd. Maybe the fourth season of Friends, too. Yeeshk, I'm outta control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home